Well, the first Top Tier Tactics Assassin’s Creed: Revelations tournament is officially nigh.
If you watched or participated in our Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood Tournament, you know the competition is officially sick (to use a medical term). There are hundreds of talented players out there, and let’s face it – most of them don’t have YouTube channels.
But the time has come for an official throwdown in Ubisoft’s latest installment of Assassin’s Creed multiplayer. I know I’m ready for the challenge. Are you?
Let’s get a few important things out of the way, especially since the overall structure of this tournament will be quite different from the ACB event.
1. This tournament is for Xbox 360 only: While I would love to host a three-platform tournament like last time, the fact of the matter is that doing so is a gigantic pain in the ass. I’m not going to strictly rule out a Playstation 3 or PC tournament in the future, but for the sake of my not killing myself, this particular tournament will be for Xbox 360 players.
2. This tournament will be post-cast, not live-aired: I certainly loved having a turnout for the last tournament, but ultimately it caused a great deal of technical issues, both on my end and for the other players. Streaming caused a very large amount of latency which is not desirable for a tournament. I will still show all tournament footage, but after the fact.
3. This tournament will be scheduled up front: Scheduling the last tournament was a nightmare due to dozens of time zones and schedule conflicts. For the ACR tournament, I will be allotting pre-specified times and dates for each bracket. I understand this may make it harder for some players to participate, but this is a necessary step to decreasing no-shows and moving things along. The finals match will be scheduled to the best of my ability.
Tournament format and schedule
- The T3 Assassin’s Creed Revelations tournament will consist of four (4) qualifying brackets and one (1) finals bracket.
- Players in the qualifying brackets will play one round each of Wanted, Deathmatch, and Corruption.
- Player scores will be recorded between all matches. All but the two (2) best-scoring players from each bracket will be dropped, leaving eight (8). The lowest-scoring player of these players will be dropped, and seven (7) players will advance to the finals bracket, along with WiNGSPANTT.
- In the event of a tie during qualifying rounds, a tie-breaker round of Simple Deathmatch may be played.
- Players in the finals bracket will play one round each of Wanted, Assassinate, and Simple Deathmatch.
Below are the times each qualifying bracket will be held. Registrants must be available for one or more brackets in order to sign up. All times are United States Eastern (GMT -5:00).
- Qualifying Bracket A: Wednesday January 18th, 7:00 pm to 7:45 pm
- Qualifying Bracket B: Wednesday January 18th, 8:00 pm to 8:45 pm
- Qualifying Bracket C: Thursday January 19th, 7:30 pm to 8:15 pm
- Qualifying Bracket D: Thursday January 19th, 8:30 pm to 9:15 pm
The final bracket will be scheduled to meet the needs of as many qualifying players as possible, within reason. Players who cannot participate will, unfortunately, be dropped. No substitutions will be made for empty finalist spots, except in the event of a tie.
Tournament rules/grounds for disqualification
Any player caught or suspected of cheating by any means will be immediately disqualified from the tournament. Any players believed to be collaborating or altering the game in a purposely malicious manner will be immediately disqualified from the tournament. In the event of a disconnection or server issue, Top Tier Tactics will determine how the tournament will proceed on a case-by-case basis. By participating in this tournament, players agree to have their in-game usernames stored and/or broadcast publicly by Top Tier Tactics.
Top Tier Tactics reserves the right to amend or change these rules at any time. Additional rules may be included in communications between Top Tier Tactics and tournament participants. Failure to respond in part or in whole to Top Tier Tactics communications as instructed will result in disqualification.
To register for this tournament, comment on this page with the following information:
- Your Xbox Live gamertag. You must have a valid Xbox Live gamertag with Gold privileges to participate.
- Which Qualifying Round(s) you can play in. Please indicate any/all rounds you can possibly play (A, B, C, D).
- You must comment using a working e-mail address. This address will be used to contact you with tournament details.
- If you cannot participate in any qualifying rounds, do not post your gamertag here.
Qualifying round spots will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis, though disqualifying factors and comments perceived as disruptive or spam will be removed from consideration.
Comments that do not contain all information listed will not be considered as valid registration requests. Please note that registration does not guarantee entry, which may be limited by scheduling, too many applicants, or other factors, including those outlined above. Registration will be accepted until Friday January 13, 2012.
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a 1 year subscription to Xbox Live Gold. In the event of a tie, all tied players will receive the Grand Prize. Please note that, in accordance to Microsoft’s software and membership policy, Top Tier Tactics cannot guarantee that this subscription will be valid for use with Windows Phone 7 or the Xbox 1080 gaming console.
One (1) First Prize Winner will receive a pair of biodegradeable Trioviz Infinicolor 3D glasses. These glasses can be used with Assassin’s Creed Revelations, Batman: Arkham City, and many other Xbox 360 games.