We recently reached out to T3’s Twitter following asking if anyone had any guides they’d like to see on the site. Baseplate was kind enough to send in this well thought out guide to Survival in MW3. We hope you like it as much as we did.
Usually when I write these tactical guides, I spend countless hours on every map devising a strategy for every detail. Due to the massive size of MW3 and the amount of maps, here’s a short guide with some great tips on how to survive the endless onslaught of enemies. This is Baseplate’s Guide to Survival!
1. Communicate with your team members. I can not stress this enough. If you are being overrun in one of the later rounds, call one of your teammates to come give you a hand. Devise a plan with them, cover each others back. Nobody likes dead teammates, especially when you are on round 27.
2. Save your money. I recommend waiting till the fourth round to buy new weapons or equipment. Your Five-Seven is decent enough to kill the first few rounds of enemies. Take down enemies with your knife as well as many times as possible. This is a quick way to get lots of money to get a lot of firepower for juggernauts and choppers later on.
3. Stay away from suicide bombers! It is never a good idea to knife a suicide bomber, especially since their bombs go off right after their death. Suicide bombers are a nuisance but very deadly in later rounds. Put a few rounds in them, then run like hell.
4. Buy body armor and self revive. These two things are crucial to staying alive and in the game. Once you go down, haul over to the equipment and drop some cash for these babies. These little suckers are expensive, but can really go a long way later in the game.
5. Snipers are a no-no. That’s right, don’t use snipers in survival. Their scopes zoom in too far and have a slow rate of fire. They might get you a few kills early on, but are a total waste of money.
6. Buy Predator missiles for juggernauts. Juggs are really tough later on, and are more resistant to bullets. Juggernauts, however, are easily picked off with Predators since they aren’t bomb proof. However, if you are short on cash because you bought a LMG, just unleash hell upon the jugg. Two grenades and a volley of bullets will drop these guys eventually.
7. Buy ammo. Do it every round if you have to. Not all guns appear in the hands of the enemy early on, so youll run short on ammo eventually. However, if you have enough bullets to get you through one more round, go ahead and wait. You’ll be able to save more money for weapons and upgrades later.
8. Upgrade your weapon. Be it a LMG, sub-machine gun, assault rifle, or a sniper, it’s always good to have an attachment to help aim or reduce recoil. The sights used for aiming aren’t always easy to aim with so one should definitely invest in a sight.
9. Scarcely use air strikes, always use a Riot Shield Squad. Riot Shield Squads are 3-for-1. 3 guys repel into the battlefield with Riot Shields and kill everyone in sight. The riot shielders not only kill enemies, but can help block you from incoming bullets. Also if they die, they drop the riot shield so you can use it.
10. Always invest in claymores and a good secondary. A good secondary weapon can cause a great deal of damage as well as your primary. Being able to carry LMG and an ACR makes you more dangerous than a fat man eating a can of beans. However, use the wisely and reload them in between rounds. Never know when you’ll need them. Also, claymores in high activity parts of a map can greatly reduce the amount of enemies that actually cause damage… If they are placed correctly.
Well, everyone! I suppose that’s it for now! Please enjoy this guide, go rack up some points and climb those leaderboards. Happy Gaming!
Submit your own guide
Have a strategy guide article or video you’d like to share with T3’s readers? Drop us a line today.