Well, it’s that time of the month again. No, not the time of month when touching a woman is punishable by stoning. The time when doing anything is punishable by brutal, Templar-infllicted death in Assassin’s Creed Revelations!
If last month’s tournament is any indication, competition will be fierce, and this time we’re having 84 players compete for top honors. That means your odds of winning are much lower, but it also means your odds of looking like a badass while winning are a lot higher.
Tournament format and schedule
- The tournament will consist of twelve (12) qualifying brackets and one (1) finals bracket.
- Players in the qualifying brackets will play one round of Assassinate.
- Player scores will be recorded between all matches. All but the one (1) best-scoring player from each bracket will be dropped, leaving twelve (12). The five (5) lowest-scoring players of these players will be dropped, and seven (7) players will advance to the finals bracket.
- In the event of a qualifying round tie, a tie-breaker round of Simple Deathmatch may be played.
- Finalists will play one round each of Wanted, Deathmatch, and Steal the Artifact.
Below are the times each qualifying bracket will be held. Registrants must be available for one or more brackets in order to sign up. All times are United States Eastern (GMT -5:00).
- Bracket A: Tuesday February 21st, 7:00 pm to 7:15 pm
- Bracket B: Tuesday February 21st, 7:30 pm to 7:45 pm
- Bracket C: Tuesday February 21st, 8:00 pm to 8:15 pm
- Bracket D: Tuesday February 21st, 8:30 pm to 8:45 pm
- Bracket E: Wednesday February 22nd, 7:00 pm to 7:15 pm
- Bracket F: Wednesday February 22nd, 7:30 pm to 7:45 pm
- Bracket G: Wednesday February 22nd, 8:00 pm to 8:15 pm
- Bracket H: Wednesday February 22nd, 8:30 pm to 8:45 pm
- Bracket I: Thrursday February 23rd, 7:00 pm to 7:15 pm
- Bracket J: Thrursday February 23rd, 7:30 pm to 7:45 pm
- Bracket K: Thrursday February 23rd, 8:00 pm to 8:15 pm
- Bracket L: Thrursday February 23rd, 8:30 pm to 8:45 pm
The final bracket will be scheduled to meet the needs of as many qualifying players as possible, within reason. Players who cannot participate will, unfortunately, be dropped. No substitutions will be made for empty finalist spots, except in the event of a tie.
Tournament rules/grounds for disqualification
Any player caught or suspected of cheating by any means will be immediately disqualified from the tournament. Any players believed to be collaborating or altering the game in a purposely malicious manner will be immediately disqualified from the tournament. In the event of a disconnection or server issue, Top Tier Tactics will determine how the tournament will proceed on a case-by-case basis. By participating in this tournament, players agree to have their in-game usernames stored and/or broadcast publicly by Top Tier Tactics.
Top Tier Tactics reserves the right to amend or change these rules at any time. Additional rules may be included in communications between Top Tier Tactics and tournament participants. Failure to respond in part or in whole to these communications will result in disqualification.
To register for this tournament, comment on this page with the following information:
- Your Xbox Live gamertag. You must have a valid Xbox Live Gold account to participate.
- Which Qualifying Bracket(s) you can play in.
Please indicate any/all rounds you can possibly play (“just B,” “E-H,” “B and K”).
- You must comment using a working e-mail address. Schedule results will be sent there.
Do not post your e-mail address. Simply use it in the comment form.
- If you cannot participate in any qualifying rounds, do not post your gamertag here.
Qualifying round spots will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis, though disqualifying factors and comments perceived as disruptive or spam will be removed from consideration. Please note that registrants to the January ACR Tournament will receive priority scheduling.
Comments that do not contain all information listed will not be considered as valid registration requests. Please note that registration does not guarantee entry, which may be limited by scheduling, too many applicants, or other factors, including those outlined above. Registration will be accepted until Friday February 17, 2012.
1st Prize: TriOviz 3D Glasses + Secret Bonus prize
2nd Prize: TriOviz 3D Glasses + (slightly less cool) Secret Bonus prize
3rd Prize: TriOviz 3D Glasses
4th Prize: Dead Space 2 for PC (Steam)
Thank you to TriOviz for supplying Infinicolor technology-fueled 3D glasses.
Have questions or complaints about the tournament? Don’t use the registration comments space here to share them. Go to this tournament thread in the T3 Forums and whine away!