Remember that time Weapons of Mass Gaming sponsored the Duels Community Magic Tournament? The one where they promised the winner a pair of magical, lucky pants?
Of course you don’t! WMG reneged on their word and failed to deliver said pants, even after I successfully defeated every single WMG entrant I faced. So classy.
Well, unlike those guys, I’m a man of my word, and this tournament (with all 99 participants!) will see its conclusion reached and its prizes fairly distributed. Let the totally honest competition begin!
For each round of play, players will adhere to these rules:
- All decks are allowed, including all DLC decks
- All cards are allowed, including all unlocks and promo cards
- The first player to achieve three (3) wins at each round will advance
- Players may not change decks during the tournament for any reason.
- Players may sideboard any number of cards in between each game in a round.
- Deck sizes over 70 cards are not allowed for any reason. If an opponent submits a screenshot showing you played with a deck over 70 cards, you will be disqualified.
- Malicious behavior, cheating, or other unsportsmanlike behavior will results in disqualification
Participants must complete the first round of play by January 12, 2013. To do this, they should consult the official brackets (also shown below) and arrange a time to play with their adversaries. To make things easier, every tournament participant should be a member of the Top Tier Tactics Steam Community Group.
If players wish to begin their games immediately, they may, though if either player wishes to wait until January 9, 2013, they are allowed to. This will give players who wish to use Rogues’ Gallery or Mana Mastery in the tournament that option.
At least one player from each bracket must report the following in the comments of this article:
- The usernames of the players in the match
- The winning player and the win/loss count of that player
- The deck the winning player used
Failure for one player in any bracket to show up/communicate will be a disqualification. Failure of both players to communicate/arrange a match will result in double disqualification (unless one party concedes the match before a specified deadline). If there is any remaining dispute, WiNSPANTT or another T3 staff member will determine an outcome.
Commentary by WiNGSPANTT
If possible, I’d love to commentate any matches in the tournament. If, during the course of your games, you see that I am active in the T3 Steam Community Group, send me a message through the group and I will record/commentate the match to my channels if I can. Please keep the following points in mind:
- Please do not send me a friend request at this time
- This is a “nice to have” and not a promise
- Do not hold up your matches hoping I will show up
- I will not actively participate in the match, only draw and discard cards
- If my presence in-game affects the game’s outcome, too bad
Best of luck!
With all that said, we’re looking forward to the results of the tournament! Good luck to all our participants, and may the odds be ever in the favor of whoever plays the most hilarious deck!