Not going to mess around, here’s what you need to know – the first (of X?) Magic 2014 Duels of the Planeswalkers expansions is coming out September 18, 2013. In addition to having new campaign content and challenges, you’ll be getting five new decks:
- Lords of Darkness, a demon-themed mono black deck
- Hall of Champions, a Bant (blue/white/green) deck
- Sword of the Samurai, a white/red samurai (!) deck
- Dodge and Burn, a potential Izzet (blue/red) blitz deck
- Elves? There’s a Nissa-themed green deck shown in screenshots
Official press release
August 29, 2013 – RENTON, WA — Wizards of the Coast today announced that the Magic 2014 – Duels of the Planeswalkers Expansion will release on September 18, 2013*. Adding depth to the latest installment of the wildly popular Duels of the Planeswalkers franchise, the Magic 2014 Expansion will give players the opportunity to explore new planes, fight new enemies and face new challenges. Available on Xbox LIVE® Arcade, PC via Steam®, PlayStation® Network, iPad®, and AndroidTM via Google Play and the Amazon App Store, fans will be able to check out the expansion for the first time this weekend at PAX Prime (August 30 – Sept 2) in the Magic booth (#1642).
The Magic 2014 Expansion will also include the following new features:
Five New Playable Decks
– Unlock 280 unique cards over multiple battles.
New Campaign Levels
– Battle through six new single-player campaign levels, exploring the planes of Ravnica and Kamigawa.
Five New Challenges
– Fiendish puzzles to test strategic thinking.
– Unlock new persona portraits, achievements and trophies, and more.
With an easy to use tutorial, Duels of the Planeswalkers is the best way for new players to learn how to play Magic: The Gathering. Players that are already familiar with Magic will enjoy the newly introduced Sealed Play game mode in Magic 2014, as well as the introduction of Sliver creature cards into the Duels of the Planeswalkers franchise. Please visit MagicTheGathering.com for the latest news and updates and follow Magic on Facebook and Twitter.
*Launch timing may vary by platform and region.