Look, I understand that everyone has to make his or her own decisions. I get it. Do you choose paper, or plastic? Do you stay in school, or drop out and become a crystal meth addict? Do you pay for cable, or borrow it from a neighbor? These are the kinds of tough choices average Americans have to make every day.
Some people, Wall Street types, might look down on choices that rhyme with “stole a copy of Fable 3 from Lamestop.” Sure, they can steal from their coworkers and from the American taxpayer all day, but the second you waltz into a video game store and slip a copy of Fable 3 under you’re shirt, suddenly you’re a criminal. If anything, the big-wig fat cats should be the ones with a house arrest anklet on, not me. And if I paid taxes, I’d be furious with how this country’s tax dollars are spent to demonize people who are just trying to feed their kids.*
But, like I said, we all make decisions. And when you only have enough money to bail your sister out of jail four times a year, video games aren’t a top priority. I mean, they are, just not… “paying” for them.
So if I were to, say, “borrow” a copy of Fable 3 from Gamestop, and then get rid of the “evidence” before the “police” arrest me for “stealing,” all I’m really doing is making a choice. I’m choosing to unload some “hot merchandise” on whoever is dumb enough to participate in my giveaway and “get caught with it long after I’ve fled the tri-state area.”
If at this point you’re still interested in our hush-hush transaction, it only takes a minute to enter the sweepstakes…
The Contest – Two Chances to Win
For your chance to win Fable 3 for Xbox 360, comment on this article and/or on last Wednesday’s original article.
For this week’s post, your comment must answer the question:
Outline the easiest way to steal Fable 3 from your retail establishment of choice.
Simply put, tell us the most effective way of taking from the rich and giving to the you. While the winning entry will be picked randomly, this topic ensures entrants are human and not narcs.
- Void where prohibited, limited to persons 13 or older.
- One (1) entry per person per contest post (maximum two )
- One (1) Winner will be chosen at random by a random number generator
- Winner receives one (1) new NTSC Xbox 360 version of Fable 3
- Contest closes on November 7, 2010; Winner announced November 10, 2010
- Entrants limited to residents of the United States and Canada
- Winner will be contacted via e-mail address used to post comment
- Winner forfeits prize if he/she does not respond within four (4) business days
- WiNGSPANTT and TopTierTactics.com reserve the right to edit rules for clarity
*The average Xbox 360 game disc contains 38 calories.