It’s official, Rabid Ferret and I* are going to the 2011 Electronic Entertainment Exposition, also known as E3, this June. With pencils, cameras, and iPads in hand,** we’ll be ready to
drool over report on all of the expo’s happenings straight from the floor of the Los Angeles Convention Center. And if nothing cool takes place, I guess we’ll just go to Vegas and upload pictures of me losing all my money and crying on the phone.
For those of you not in the know, E3 is the largest and most action-packed gaming industry expo, with large announcements from major developers including Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. And with pervasive rumors of a new console announcement from The Big N this year, the convention will be eventful if nothing else. In years past, these three giants have unveiled gems such as the Wii Vitality Sensor, the $599 Playstation 3, and a 6-year old child playing Kinectimals.
While we have lots of questions we want to ask the litany of developers present, we’d like to know… what do you want from us?
E3 will undoubtedly continue to receive an incredibly large amount of gaming media coverage, but unlike most other sites attending, Top Tier Tactics is
so poorly funded uniquely positioned to have an open ear to the community’s wants and needs. To that end, please tell us how we can deliver the best coverage possible:
- Which exhibiting companies should we talk to? What should we ask them?
- What kind of coverage do you feel is lacking in traditional gaming “journalism” outlets that we can provide?
- What games and genres are you hoping to hear about? Why?
- What are your thoughts on the last E3, and what do you hope will be different this time?
- Do you want live updates, or will you be turning to cooler, more popular sites for such information?
- What do you expect will be the most prominent showings this year?
- Who will get trampled to death first, WiNGSPANTT or Rabid Ferret?
*And possibly Space Hamlet, but only if he pays for my plane ticket.
**Provided Rabid Ferret buys me an iPad.