I had some additional time to play Revelations and ask the Ubisoft reps more questions! Here’s what I learned:
- Contested kills will occur when a hunter assassination and a stun occur simultaneously. The defender can mash buttons to delay the kill.
- Defenders will still lose but will get points based on how well they contested the assassination
- Players can taunt though there doesn’t appear to be an impact on gameplay or scoring.
- Smoke Bomb is still in the game in addition to the new smoke trap ability
- Smoke traps can be thrown and attached to walls
- There is a new ability that resets Chase Breakers!
- There are also perks that directly affect chase breakers
- The rep told me that in some modes there will be a roof penalty, but couldn’t say what or in which modes it would apply, though Manhunt would not be one of them
- Defenders can now stun NPCs so they can no longer spam Stun without repercussion.
- Stunned players lose their contracts longer
- Just as in Brotherhood, customization will be copied to NPCs with your persona but some customization might affect gameplay. Players will also be able to form clans and create clan insignias.
- I’m not certain but it looks like Focus kills require mire time now.
- The lock on system is pretty much the same hut it feels less “sticky” than it does in Brotherhood
- Overall stunning is easier but its also easier to mess up so stealth on both sides will be a little more important
- The radar felt slightly less accurate to me although line if sight and secondary targets work the same as they do now
- The profile menu is streamlined into the deathcam so you can change profiles faster. I dint see how profiles are set or if they can be changed mid game but I assume they can
- It appears that players can now choose and or earn titles to display next to their names
- I saw one player labeled The Stun Master and another Master Templar Warrior
That’s it for now! More updates to come!